Job Title: Transportation Services Representative
Department: North America
Reports To: Director of North American Transportation Services
Prepared By: Human Resources
Responsible for the coordination of transportation services, including shipment setup, carrier assignment, track and trace, etc., primarily for freight moving within North America. Also responsible for driver log auditing, billing, reporting and other tasks as assigned.
- Adhere to all of Global Transportation Management, LLC (GTM) company policies and ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with our standards
- All areas of duties are to be handled/maintained to a best in class standard and all matters are addressed and resolved as soon as possible
- Maximize profitability on all files handled, being aware of potential additional costs
- Ensure all filing, both physical and electronic, is done regularly and accurately
- Ensure all correspondence relevant to operational files are handled appropriately
- Follow our business practices, operational procedures, cost controls, customer service and attention to detail
- Other duties as required
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years transportation experience
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively on a team
- Understand and learn all aspects of the department
- Able to work efficiently while maintaining GTM standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused with proactive attitude • PC Skills to include Microsoft Office.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to 10%) required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
[button link=”https://gtmusa.com/?p=838&jobtitle=transportationservicesrepresentative” color=”default” size=”small” target=”_self” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Apply[/button]